Offer of Professional Membership Through Concessional Executive Conversion Course Programme
The Institute request applications from suitably qualified candidates for concessional direct membership through Executive conversion programme of the Institute. This programme is open to professionals,academicians and career seekers in diverse discipline both in private and public sector with strong interest OR grounding in Environmental Accounting. Applicant must possess either a university degree or its equivalent. Such as : HND, B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D from a recognized institution of higher learning in any of the followings. : Social sciences, Natural sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Medicine e.t.c or any other recognized professional qualifications e.g. ACCA, ACA, CPA, CNA, ACIB, ACII, CITN e.t.c.
Categories of Membership
1. Student Member.
Every applicant for registration as a student member must satisfy the council that:
2. Must have five credits at SSCE (including English Language and Mathematics).
3. Must be a student pursuing academic programme of study in any recognized higher Institution of learning.
2. Graduate Member.
First degree holder with less than five (5) years continuous work experience.
3. Associate Member.
No person shall be eligible for enrolment as an associate member unless:
0. He has attained the age of twenty five (25).
1. Must have a minimum of five (5) years continuous working experience in environmentally related areas, either in a private or public sector.
2. Must possess any of the following qualifications: HND, B.Sc, M.Sc., PhD in any related disciplines with five year post qualification experience OR holder of final Certificate of any recognized professional Institutions such as ACCA, CPA, ACA, ACIB, CIMA, CNA, ACII, ACIS, CITN etc.
4. Educator/Adjunct Member.
0. Must either be a University Professor or a seasoned Consultant with PhD in Environmental Accounting OR related field, plus ten (10) year teaching/research experience.
1. Must be an acclaimed expert in either of the followings: Environmental Accounting, Accounting, Environmental Economics, Spatial Analysis, Land-Use, Remote Sensing & GIS Applications, Environmental Health/Statistics, Environmental Engineering, Eco-Toxicology, Petroleum/Chemical Engineering etc.
5. Corporate Member.
Membership is open to Corporate Organizations, Non governmental Organizations, Government establishments and any other Group, Associations OR Institutions that are desirous of getting involved in proactive Environmental best practices.
Method of Application
Membership Application forms are available at the Institute Secretariat, 21, Adeboye Solanke Avenue, Off Allen Avenue. Ikeja. Lagos State, Nigeria. You may also get the application forms from any of our coordinating offices listed hereunder from Monday – Friday (8. 00am – 5. 00pm) or .
All duly completed application forms accompanied with evidence of payment, photocopies of credentials and a recent passport size photograph should be addressed to “The Registrar, Institute of Environmental Accountants” and could either be submitted through our Lagos office or any of our coordinating centres listed.
Designation of Membership
Every person who has complied with all necessary requirements and has made proper payment of his dues shall receive a membership certificate of the Institute appropriate to his class, and only such member may use the following official abbreviations appropriately after their names:
· Associate member: (Meaning Associate of the Institute of Environmental Accountants)
· Fellow: (Meaning Fellow of the Institute of Environmental Accountants)
Every member whether a Student, Associate or Fellow shall be bound to further to the best of his ability, objects, interest and influence of the Institute. Any person who desires to be admitted into the Institute shall make formal application to the Registrar of the Institute on appropriate form as shall from time to time be designed by the Council and shall state under what grade he seeks admission as provided under these Articles. Each application must be supported by a recommendation of the financial members of the Institute or senior officers in the applicant’s place of work.
Registration fee: ₦20,000
Development Levy: ₦10,000
Associate & Educator/Adjunct Members
Direct Membership Fee: ₦100,000
Development Levy: ₦25,000
MCPD (Associate): ₦60,000
Mode of Payment
Please direct payment to the Institute’s Account in any branch of the under listed Banks:
Zenith Bank Plc, Account number : 6017306385
GTBank Plc, Account number: 0007801087
Successful candidate will undergo a thorough grounding in Environmental Accounting: Environmental Auditing and its applications, Environmental Statistics, Environmental impact assessment, Environmental liabilities among others, for six (6) weeks (weekends only) before admission as an ASSOCIATE Member at an Induction date to be communicated.
For Further Information, Please Contact:
Institute of Environmental Accountants
21, Adeboye Solanke Avenue, off Allen Avenue Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Tel: 07025395253, 08164422200
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Philip Bankole
Assistant Director. (Statistics & Information Management)
Federal Ministry of Environment.
Environment House, Independence Avenue.
Central Area, Garki, Abuja.
Phone : 08037260542.
SOUTH EASTERN COORDINATOR
Silas C. Evoegbu
Bursary Dept. Abia State University.
Uturu. Abia State.
SOUTH SOUTH COORDINATOR
Honourable Preye Ogiriki
Trans Atlantic Mortgages Ltd.
60, Chief Melford Okilo Road.
ONDO STATE COORDINATOR
J. O. Awoyomi
Police Pay Officer
Ondo State Police Command.
Akure. Ondo State
Phone: 08035991290, 08029853417
Dr. OLUSEGUN LAWAL, FIEA
Registrar/Chief Executive Officer